Michelle joins Mehlman Barnes LLP as a first-year associate. Michelle has a passion for immigration law as her family members are from Buenos Aires, Argentina and immigrated to the United States 30 years ago. Michelle is the first-generation U.S.-born citizen and the first to pursue a higher education in her family. Prior to joining Mehlman Barnes LLP, Michelle worked in an employment-based immigration firm where she handled numerous matters for employers including H-1, L-1, TN, O, EB1 and PERM cases.
Michelle was raised in Redondo Beach, California and relocated to San Diego in 2010 to attend San Diego State University where she obtained her Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science. Michelle received her Juris Doctorate degree from Thomas Jefferson School of Law in 2015, graduating with magna cum laude honors. While in law school, Michelle worked at numerous law firms assisting foreign nationals in obtaining various family-based and employment-based visas. She was also a member of the Thomas Jefferson Law Review where she wrote a note advocating for the right to counsel in immigration removal proceedings. Additionally, Michelle participated in the ABA Immigration Justice Project’s Removal Defense Clinic and interned at the U.S. Immigration Court in San Diego. Michelle is currently an active member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
Search by Keyword
Recent Blog & News
- Non-Essential International Travel Discouraged in the Wake of the January 27th Travel Ban January 31, 2017
- Michelle Garcia joins Mehlman Barnes LLP as Associate Attorney January 9, 2017
- Sandra Wagner joins Mehlman Barnes LLP as Senior Counsel December 2, 2016
- DOL Statistics on PERM and H-1B Programs from Third Quarter of FY2016 August 5, 2016
- USCIS Completes Lottery for the FY 2017 H-1B Cap April 13, 2016